The George Jr. and Lucia Curtis house was built in 1906. Restoration efforts focused on the exterior of the home, including windows, siding, the deck, and brick foundation walls, using historic clues from the existing structure. In addition, water damage was fixed and insulation was added from the exterior. The home is the work of Lew F. Porter, the architect who was involved in several notable structures in Madison, Wisconsin, including the Old Red Gym. The home was quite prestigious in its day, with its hilltop view of Lake Wingra. The decorative arches, paneled windows, ornate interior trim, and saw-tooth shingles all speak to its historical reverence.