When we were asked to perform some interior improvements on this single story, 1,000 square foot workingman’s bungalow in Madison’s Marquette neighborhood, what we found was a diamond in the rough.
TDS Custom Construction recently received the Madison Trust for Historic Preservation’s 2020 Award for Exceptional Interior Preservation for our restoration work on the Governor’s Mansion Inn and Café.
What a transformation! TDS Custom construction was proud to accept an award from the Madison Trust for Historical Preservation in for an historic bungalow porch restoration. The Nathaniel Crampton House is located at 625 East Gorham Street here on the isthmus in Madison, WI.
This small bungalow got a new second floor, plus an exterior makeover, while staying true to the original aesthetics of the home.
Staying true to the traditional aesthetics of this classic colonial home in Nakoma, a new second story addition was designed and constructed on top of the existing kitchen space to allow for a new primary suite and small private porch.
The George Jr. and Lucia Curtis house was built in 1906. Restoration efforts focused on the exterior of the home, including windows, siding, the deck, and brick foundation walls, using historic clues from the existing structure.
The Worden House is a Colonial Revival style home built in 1920. The City of Madison owned the home for several decades and maintenance had been deferred.
This home on Lake Mendota was designed by Frank Riley, who created an elegant sunroom facing the lake.
Seamlessly designed to complement the original proportions and rhythm of this home, this new kitchen addition with screen porch, mudroom and half bath blends traditional design with modern function while preserving the home’s historic integrity.