Join Our Team
Position Opening: Architectural Designer / Design Project Manager
We are seeking a talented Architectural Designer / Design Project Manager to join our design team. TDS is a full-service residential design-build contractor that remodels and builds homes in and around Madison, Wisconsin. We are a close-knit group of 15 that prides ourselves on our integrity, commitment to each other, and dedication to providing exceptional craftsmanship and customer experience. We enjoy a positive working environment and satisfying work.
We offer a full benefits package including; health, dental, flex, PTO, holidays, 401k, and more.
As our ideal candidate, you are looking for a long term career in a stable work environment that provides support and respect. You are an energetic, driven, detailed, and self-motivated individual who is looking for consistent growth as a designer. Two years minimum design experience is ideal, but the most important qualification is to be a good fit with our core company values.
IF YOU ARE:
- A Curious, Life-long Learner
- Kind, Respectful & Compassionate
- An Engaged Team Player
- A Forward-thinking Problem Solver
- A Community Steward
We welcome your application.
This position is an immediate full-time in-office (not remote) opening. Send resumes with a cover letter or questions to Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the TDS team!
Design, manage and oversee projects throughout the design phases from the Concept Phase through to Design Development, Construction Drawings, and duties during construction with oversight & guidance from our Director of Design. Project types include; Residential remodels, additions & new construction
Design & Management Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand & synthesize project requirements to produce functional, beautiful, buildable, on-budget & on-time designs.
- Produce drawings to communicate project designs at various phases of design to the client, co-workers, sub-contractors & code officials.
- Design activities, (depending on the project) including exterior design & selections, interior space planning, construction detailing, product research, etc.
- Client Communications — Communicate with clients about project goals, design elements, material specifications, etc. & provide high quality and responsive customer service.
- Organize projects by keeping good project records, creating & monitoring design schedules, estimating & tracking design fees, etc.
- Facilitate the work of projects by coordinating with a team of other TDS staff members, outside consultants & subcontractors to produce design projects and drawings.
- Be accountable for your own productivity, efficiency & accuracy throughout each project.
- Perform duties during construction such as responding to RFIs, visit project sites, etc.
- Performs the above functions in various capacities across multiple design projects at any one time.
- Minimum of two years professional experience. More Preferred.
- A strong grasp of design-thinking and the design process.
- Possesses the ability to listen well to and ask good questions of both clients and coworkers.
- Proficiency with CAD. Knowledge of Chief Architect preferred, but training will be provided.
- Strong organization, communication & client management skills.
- Knowledge of residential, wood-framed construction and residential building codes.
- Able to accurately measure existing buildings & prepare existing drawings.
- Experience in drawing architectural details & producing high quality drawings.
- Desire to learn about building science, Passive House, and high performance home design & construction strategies.
Published on Mar 11 2022
Last Updated on Mar 22 2022